4.21.2010

Mr. Oscar de la Renta, how i love you

I had one of those, pinch me i must be dreaming moments.
Welcome to the start of the most amazing day ever (seriously). Team Couture Beauty all awoke to an early but excited morning at around 3:30 am, packed their gear and were on their way to the Beverly Wilshire Hotel to meet their call time at 6:30 am.

I started my morning with some coffee, orange juice and a bagel. And surprisingly for the crack of dawn, all interns, make up artists, hair stylists, and models all shared the bubbly vibe of sparkles and smiley faces to be currently in the same building as the man himself, Oscar de la Renta!

After shooting the talented Couture Beauty team at their finest work, us interns headed back stage to unpack the off the runway (aka touched by oscars own godly hands himself) gowns and Fall 2010 RTW collection. It was unreal being so close and personal with the spectacular and intricate classic Oscars, i was melting and hardly containing myself.

With much steaming of heavenly organze and beadwork (and so so much more) we were set up at station to get the show on the road. twenty models, sixty looks!

There is nothing that beats the energy of runway! And when Oscar himself found his way backstage for the grand finale, (after which I changed my model three times successfully :) ) i might have died a little. What more can I say, thank you team couture beauty for sewing a smile across my face for the month!

1 comment:

Sasha B. said...

so jealous girl! you have no idea... i probably would have died. looks like you had fun :)